Thursday, April 05, 2007

harp



This harp is the Esabelle from Stoney End. The unique and wonderful thing about this instrument is that it has two rows of strings, that cross at the middle. One set corresponds to the white keys on the piano, and the other to the black keys. What this means is that one can play in any key, without having sharping levers on the strings. This is a beautiful harp. I have started saving to purchase a harp, and this is the one I have picked out.
I have started studying music theory, which is very interesting, and I have been reading a book called The Mozart Effect as well. It talks about the way music helps people feel better- reducing the need for painkillers, making them happier, and more relaxed. There was even a study that showed women in childbirth who had music needed to take pain meds only half as much as women who didn't have music. Interesting, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

I like this harp too. It makes me want one - I think it would be a fun project to build. I just love the sound. Thanks for the info. I miss you Em !!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home