Monday, July 24, 2006

Dreams

This is going to be (somewhat) the wax philosophical post for me. I had my first dream last night, or rather, early this morning, of my grandmother's house, since her death, that was not looking like it was before her death. My subconcious finally accepts she is dead? Who knows. One of my friends Katee (I have multiple katee people in my life)and I yesterday had a discussion of my years of musing on being married. ("Not gonna mess this one up eh?"..."After years of you listining to my dreams of mariage, do ya think I'm gonna...") I had made a bad joke, and she was giving me a bad time. The vocalics are impossible to put in with email. I also had a dream discussion yesterday with Emilia regarding moving out of the country for a couple of years, something we have both dreamed about in a wake-ing-like sense. It is interesting out this word dream gets used for so many things, and in so many ways, how it is a signifyer of the forces that govern our lives to a point, and how it reveals much of who we are as people. Okay, maybe I just felt like talking and did not want to call someone so early in the morning. It still is ineresting, maybe, to some of y'all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

Interesting you dreaming about moving out of the country for awhile.... I had been praying for you two to get jobs. Then I went to the Creation Festival (a 3 day Christian music/teaching/prayer time in the Gorge Amphitheater, WA) As I was listening to one of the speakers from Compassion International, he was talking about using the gifts and talents the Lord gave us for eternal purposes. A couple of the opportunities he mentioned has to do with work in disabilities (as people in other countries do not have access to resources and information like we do) and Bible translations. He mentioned that there are still 2500 languages with no portion of scripture available to them and that linguists were desparately needed.

A thought popped in my head - is there a reason you have not found jobs yet? Might He have a plan for you to use your education and gifts for His eternal purposes in a way that you have not considered?

I pray now that God opens doors and closes doors for you and that He will give you clear direction and wisdom as to what He would have you do with your lives and where you shall go. What an amazing adventure God has in store for you - I just know it!! May He bless you all your days together!!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home