Saturday, May 19, 2007

Midnight Relections

There are times when the world seems to be chompin' at the bit, attempting to tear you to pieces, and there are times when you realize that you are completely blessed. Today is a day that covers both ends of the spectrum. Lately I have been having a ton of seizure activity, and it is getting worse. I have not found a method of accessing treatment, to get the seizures under control, and the most likely method, the Washington Basic Health plan, is looking like a year or more before they will authorize treatment. None of the free dentists will work on my teeth till I can get the siezures under control, so my teeth continue to rot in my head, which is also adding to my stress, which is also adding to my seizures. Finances are still on the downside, and I have to watch my wife cry in frustration regularly because we are forced to live in AmeriKa, land governed by the insane, for the Power Elite. Despite the fact that I am not able to give my wife the universe, I am happy to be the man to have his shoulder cied upon, I am happy that I am trusted enough to be talked to by her, I am happy that I have wonderful friends who like us because we are who we are and not because we have monetary value, I am happy that I can bless other people with what little wisdom I have acquired, I am happy that our book project is approaching completion, I am happy that there are other Good projects to follow, I am happy that my disability enables me to take a more objective look at the world. I hate the lifestyle that I have to live in now, but I love the life I was given, and I love the woman that I have to share it with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home