Monday, September 18, 2006

2 weeks, 2 days

We have now been married 2 weeks and 2 days. Yesterday we picked up the pictures we took on the honeymoon. We had them developed next door at Rite Aid (that was an expensive mistake) But we did get some good pictures and will be posting a few of them later today or in the next couple of days.
Also, I cooked for Jody for the first time yesterday. I baked some gluten free dill bread, and made a creamy vegetable soup. I served a fruit salad on the side and ice water to drink. It was a successful meal, and I was particularly happy with how the bread turned out. I used a bread mix, but with some variations. For part of the milk I substituted cottage cheese, I also used whole egges instead of one egge plus egge whites. I added additional yeast and xantham gum. I also added two teaspoons of Dillweed, and I meant to add in 2 tablespoons of diced onion, but I forgot- oh well, there is always next time. This was done in a bread machine, I only had to watch and make sure as it mixed that the moisture ballance was correct. I look forward to cooking for Jody again in the future. In fact, we plan on doing a special sort of meal once a week, and alternate who gets to 'be chef' for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home